Monday, October 18, 2010

Notes on Self-discovery

I am pretty good at:
• Volleyball
• Basketball
• Ping-pong (emphasis on this one)
• Sound effects
• Walking into doors (not entirely my fault, as the Japanese prefer glass sliding doors to the swinging ones I’m used to)
• Polite manners
• Solitude
• Riding a bicycle in a skirt
• Finding my way home
• Involuntarily drawing attention
• Using chopsticks (thank you Jake Hacker)
• Reading in the wind

I am not so good at:
• Baseball
• Acting normal
• Keeping composure while people stare
• Not yelling “B*TCH, PLEASE!” at cars in the bike lane
• Riding a bicycle in a skirt against a typhoon
• Spotting glass doors
• Keeping track of time
• Falling asleep
• Waking up
• Brushing my hair
• Remembering to hang my laundry
• Being understood
• Coloring inside the lines
• Eating competitions
• Having enough leg-room

Other random facts:
• Kids like me
• Spiders don’t scare me
• No matter how many times I eat a tomato, I still very much dislike their taste
• I’ll try just about anything once
• It is possible to fall in love with someone’s personality with zero history of communication
• Sitting down and staring at a wall is a luxury, not a bore
• I carry my camera around when I people watch so that when the victims get suspicious, I have the equipment to quickly look the other way and pretend I am occupied with something else
• When people stop me for my picture, my face almost always turns bright red
• If I laugh long and hard enough, everyone around will start laughing too
• The walls and ceiling of my bedroom are covered with glow-in-the-dark stars (too much time has passed that this has not been shared)
• One Piece rules

No comments:

Post a Comment